Monday, September 22, 2008

Zoe is a Star!

For those of you following the amazing story of my nephew, Zoe, he is currently making the local television stations buzz. The three major news affiliates in Savannah have covered his story, and K-Love and Air 1 radio stations will air an interview with my sister and brother-in-law next week.

While we would never have wished for this situation to have happened to our family, we are so thankful for the voice it is giving to proclaim God's faithfulness and healing power. I am sorrowfully aware there are many similar stories out there, many with less-than-happy endings. I know my sister's and brother-in-law's intention is not to "flaunt" or "exploit" what is happening in their family. I know their intent is to bring glory to God and hopefully encourage someone else who is going through a similar battle.

We thank God for giving us Zoe, for sustaining Zoe's life, for giving Zoe a miraculous story. We know it's not because of anything we have done. It is because we serve an all-powerful, all-loving, ever-compassionate God whose love and grace know NO end!

Click here to see the news coverage of Zoe's story and a list of K-Love and Air 1 stations that will be broadcasting the story.

1 comment:

Heather and Reese said...

I've been meaning to do a post on Zoe. I'm so blessed by his story and the incredible witness his parents have in the midst of their pain, fear and uncertainty. They could be wallowing in self-pity but instead have chosen to be a light for Jesus and have made it clear that it isn't dependent on Zoe's condition. This would crush others whose feet aren't firmly planted on Christ. Not only is it a witness to non-believers but it also gives an example for other Christians who face difficulties. I hope I respond with such grace and faith when my storm comes.

~Reese