Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Circa 1971 (pre-Nancy)

Today is my dad's birthday. (Yes, we have a lot of September birthdays in our family!)

I've always been a daddy's girl, and now that I'm a parent I have such a greater realization (and appreciation) for the sacrifices my parents made for me and my sisters. When my parents were just starting out, my dad sometimes worked three jobs just to put food on the table so that my mom could stay home with me...and that was on top of trying to plant a church in Northwest Kansas. I can't imagine putting in such long days on top of the sleepless nights that come with young children!

Thank you, Dad, for all the sacrifices you've made, for the spiritual disciplines and hunger for biblical knowledge that you not only taught me, but lived out before me, and for so much more. I love you, Daddy! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Lora @ my blessed life said...

I didn't know your dad's b-day was in Sept, too! I hope he has a great day.