Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday America!

As we celebrate the anniversary of our nation's independence today, there are so many things I am thankful for--the freedom to worship whomever and however I choose, to express myself through speech either private or public, the godly heritage on which our founding fathers chose to establish this great country (even if we've drifted far from it!), and most of all the freedom to train my children in the faith without fear of persecution or imprisonment.

I know our country is not perfect. All you have to do is watch the news for a few minutes to discover all that is wrong with our country (especially in an election year!). But today is a day to focus on all that is right with our country. There is so much for which we should be thankful. We live in a great, prosperous country, and I hope you take the time today to celebrate that.

Before I go, I want to share some great pictures that I believe capture the heart of "Americana." They were all taken by my brother-in-law. You can visit his gallery here.



The "Old Farmhouse" that belonged to Hubby's grandparents


My in-laws' log cabin



Happy 4th of July, everyone! Enjoy your time with family and friends!

1 comment:

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Your bro-in-law is very talented!! I especially love the pics of the family homes.
Hope you have a great 4th!