Monday, July 21, 2008

Menu Plan Monday and Fun Project


I wanted to share this Weekly Planner project I did with Little Miss this morning. It's great for preschoolers. She's just starting to learn the different days of the week and the fact that we do certain things on certain days. (For example, church is on Sunday, Daddy is home from work on Sat., etc.) Since we don't have a lot of recurring activities over the summer (lessons, preschool, etc.) we used our weekly routines (shopping, laundry, etc.). And since I didn't have any post-it notes on hand, I cut small scraps of paper and we taped them on. When we have something special coming up (like a visit from grandparents or a birthday party), I'll print a picture of the person to put on the day. Then we can count down to the special day. For more great, educational projects, visit PBSParents.org.

Do you have any special educational projects you like to do with your kids? Or any great resources for project ideas? I'd love to hear them!



Also, here is my Menu Plan for this Monday. For more great menus (and recipes), head on over to Org Junkie...there are hundreds to choose from!

Monday: Chicken Fried Rice and Asian Steamed Vegetables
Tuesday: Pot roast with potatoes and carrots (putting the slow cooker to use again!)
Wednesday: Spaghetti with meat sauce, salad, and garlic bread
Thursday: Leftover night
Friday: Family Night Out
Saturday: Grilled Tri-Tip, Pasta Salad and fresh veggies
Sunday: anything you can find in the fridge!

(Sorry no recipes or links this week...it's been a crazy weekend and will be a crazy week, so I'm doing a lot of "from the box" dinners and "off the top of my head" meals...thus, no written recipes. I hope to contribute more next time around!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm making spaghetti for tomorrow. My hubby's family will be here to visit for a couple of hours so I'm providing lunch. I thought spaghetti would be a cheap yet yummy choice!

Hope you have a great week!
Karen
www.homeschoolblogger.com/cookalatte