It was a beautiful day, so we took a picnic dinner to our favorite park and let the kids run and play. Hubby dropped me and Little Man off at home (since it was Little Man's bedtime), and he and Little Miss went to "run errands." They came back with an arm load of surprises for me...
My Little Miss bringing me flowers
Yes, that is a Bon Jovi CD...I guess getting another year older makes me want to relive my "glory years." And a Daughtry CD...I've loved his music since I saw him on American Idol. What you may not recognize is the small carton in the bottom right corner...a pint of my absolute favorite treat in the world...Andy's Frozen Custard. They're original to my hometown, but they've now franchized, so if you live near a location, I HIGHLY recomment you visiting one. (And I recommend the Snowmonster!)
What's your favorite birthday memory?

2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Nanc!! I hope you got my very late card by now:) So sorry about that. It sounds like your day was a great one. Even though I don't really like getting older, I do love birthdays!! It's so much fun, almost like being a kid again-ha! I'm getting to go *home* for my b-day this year, we're heading up to AR! Yea!! Well, we have other things we're doing besides celebrating ME, but that's ok:) Is that Bon Jovi's greatest hits or something? How fun! I've requested my fave U2 album from my college years--isn't that funny?!
Happy Birthday, Nancy! I'm glad your day was sweet and memorable.
One of my favorite birthday memories was in 2003. I was 28 and pregnant with Zach. We had been living in Germany since February (my b'day's in October)but hadn't traveled much. We drove about an hour over the border into Vianden, Luxembourg. It's an amazingly picturesque town and the weather was great. I remember walking around and thinking of how strange it was that little ole me- a kid from a small town in Oregon- was celebrating my birthday in Luxembourg! I guess I was still in awe at that time (still am, I guess) and it stuck with me.
Have a great week.
~Reese
Post a Comment