Friday, June 13, 2008

Rainy Friday

I love rainy days. I always have. I've always love one thing more than any other about rainy days--naps. But today my love for rainy day naps was surprised by something even greater--rainy day naps with my daughter.

As you may have guessed, it's raining here today. Not just raining. It's a veritable deluge, complete with nonstop thunder, lightning, and even a bit of hail. So when naptime rolled around, our usual ritual gave way to my lying down with my Little Miss who happens to be a bit skiddish of the thunder. I drifted off momentarily and woke to the beautiful sound of the rain on the roof and the steady, deep breathing of my sleeping child next to me. So, of course, I had to lie there for a while and soak it all in, making a mental picture and recording every detail to draw upon in the future (like the next time she throws herself on the floor in a tantrum!). I know we can't know what heaven will be like, but I'm pretty sure this afternoon I had a small taste of what it will feel like.

3 comments:

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Precious story...I love moments like that. You just want to savor them forever.

Lora @ my blessed life said...

P.S. I would LOVE to try the new place in Branson the next time we're there...I just have no idea when that'll be. It's funny, we used to go there often (it seemed) and now it feels like it's been forever.

Lora @ my blessed life said...

P.S.S. (or is it P.P.S.?)
Anywho...I finally got around to ordering that book by Sally Clarkson and I just got it yesterday--can't wait to read it!