
OK, here is my first attempt at "public" Menu Plan Monday (and yes, I did it for the free giveaway...keeping my fingers crossed!) Anyway, here's what our menu looks like this week:
Monday:
Rotisserie chicken (from the grocery deli as I need to go grocery shopping this afternoon)
Pasta salad (from a box)
Green beans (from a can)
*It was a crazy weekend and I haven't been shopping yet, so keeping it easy today!
Tuesday:
Lasagna (frozen from a couple of weeks ago)
Salad
Garlic toast
Wednesday:
Chicken Divan (recipe below)--recipe from my friend Jill, haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure we'll love it!
Vegetable medley
Thursday (breakfast for dinner):
Egg and sausage casserole (click here for recipe)
Fresh fruit
Toast
Friday:
Family night (which means dinner out!)
Saturday:
Grilled hamburgers with buns
Corn on the cob (on the grill, of course!)
Cucumber and blue cheese salad (click here for recipe)
Sunday:
Eat out after church, then whatever you can find for dinner!
Chicken Divan
2 pkgs. frozen broccoli, cooked
2 pkgs. frozen broccoli, cooked
pieces of cooked chicken (whole chicken, deboned, or 4 chicken breasts)
2 cans cream of chicken soup (mix 1/2 c. milk with soup to thin)
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Layer the above and bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
4 comments:
Looks good, Nanc! I've made a similar chicken recipe before and it was really good--this one looks delicious! Hope it turns out great:) I finally got up and running again with my menus today, too. Mine aren't too exciting though, mostly getting creative with leftovers-ha!
Oh--and I didn't even realize there was a giveaway at orgjunkie 'till I read your blog. I just linked up w/out reading her post:) So that was a fun surprise!
That's so cool that Sally Clarkson wrote you back--I'm looking forward to hearing more about that!
Sounds good, Nancy! I planned our menus last week and loved it. This week I'm overwhelmed with Zach going to school, my two middle schoolers being home- it seems too hard to plan my menus but in the long run it sure would help us!
I'll have to go check on that cucumber and blue cheese salad. Sounds delicious!
Bless you,
~Reese
Post a Comment