Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Man I Love

I don't say it often enough, but I have an amazing Hubby. (Yes, I am going to be mushy, so if that bothers you, sorry, but it's MY blog!) ;) There really are so many reasons that I love him, but here is a small glimpse of the wonderful man I married and just one of the many reasons he is still the Love of My Life...

Today Hubby had a BIG meeting concerning a new project he's been given that is putting a lot of responsibility (and stress) on his already-overworked shoulders. (Hubby works in the information technology department for a healthcare company.) The meeting included his bosses, a couple VPs, and a new client they have recently signed who will be mostly Hubby's responsibility. The meeting lasted most of the afternoon, and at 6:00 they all decided to continue the meeting over dinner at a nearby restaurant. Despite pressure from his boss and the client, Hubby declined the invitation to dinner and simply expained to them that he had to get home to his family.

Lest you think I am sitting at home, ready to crack the whip should he venture in a few minutes late, I told him he should go to the dinner. (so as not to miss any information on the new project or to disappoint his bosses.) I'm sure he will suffer some teasing (or maybe worse) for his decision, but I know that doesn't bother him because that's not the kind of man he is. He's the kind of man who gives 110% to his job when he's at work, but when it comes to his family he gives 200% and he does everything in his power to be home at night to eat dinner with us, play with the kids, and help with bedtime. I knew it 7 years ago when we started dating, I knew it 5 years ago when we got married, but I was reminded of it again today..I got me a good man!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog!!! :)