Monday, June 30, 2008

Good News, Bad News, and Other Random Ramblings

Sorry I've been MIA for the weekend. We took a quick, somewhat-last-minute, trip to see my parents who were visiting my grandma a couple of hours away. Since my parents live about 10 hours from us, I like to take the kids to see them when they're close by. We had a great time visiting, and we're finally home.

I had hoped to do Know & Tell Friday before we left, but didn't get a chance. In case you missed it, too, head on over to Kickin' It In Crazyville to see all the responses...they had some GREAT questions!

So, here's the GOOD NEWS I had waiting for me when I got home...I received an e-mail from the publisher of my book, Drama Ministry: A Guidebook, stating that they have agreed to publish my (and some of my friends') original drama scripts in a series of script books. The details are still being worked out, but the books should be available sometime next summer.

As for the BAD NEWS...today Hubby registered us for his high school reunion in September. Now that, in and of itself, is NOT bad news. But it does mean that it's time for me to get downright serious once again on the weight loss front. Only 2 1/2 short months to shed those last few pounds of "baby weight" that still wreak havoc on my midsection. Here I come celery sticks and running shoes...right after another piece of chocolate ;)

2 comments:

Heather and Reese said...

Congratulations, Nancy! Excellent news!

~Reese

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Hope you had a great time with your fam! We just got back last night from an AR visit:)

That's awesome about your upcoming book(s)!! I also noticed your book in your sidebar--I've thought before that you should do that!

I'm looking forward to hearing about that upcoming reunion, too:) Good luck with the dieting!