It's a different story altogether when you're preparing to put your firstborn on a bus full of children and send her two hours away for three days. It's an even bigger deal to do it when she's never slept away from home.
So, we arranged for friends to watch Little Man while Hubby was at work for a few days and Little Miss and I headed off to camp.
Getting ready to load up!
I'm not sure who was more nervous. While this was her first camp experience ever, it was my first experience in more than 10 years! To be honest, I wasn't sure my body would ever forgive me.
I quickly realized I had nothing to worry about. If you've ever been to camp (and loved it...which I did!), it doesn't take long to fall in love with it all over again. I think Little Miss has fallen in love with it as well. From the cafeteria chants to the chapel services and even the Mud Games...she seemed to love it all. I think I see a new tradition in our future. (I reserve the right to feel differently in another 10 years!)
The Green Team...Go Ireland!
A very tired camper...glad to be home!
No comments:
Post a Comment