**40-B4-40 is my
8-month journey in bidding adieu to my youth and embracing
the next chapter (a.k.a. decade). Thanks for
joining me!**
I did it again...another 5K!
Last year I shared with you my story of cancer and the journey to my 5K celebration. Knowing I had completed not one, but two, 5Ks in the last year I was anxious to run the Cherish Kids race again. This year we made it a family affair; Hubby ran the 5K with me, and the kids did the Kids K (about 1/2 mile). I was so proud of them! Training for a year sure paid off (as opposed to the 2-month training I did last year). I felt much better this time around, and I came in almost 2 minutes under my time from last year!
Little Miss and Little Man with their medals from the Kids K!
Before you get too impressed with me...let me explain something: I run, yes, but I am not a runner. I've completed three 5Ks, and I run 4-6 miles a week on my treadmill, but I would not say I'm a runner. I know people who are runners. They love it, and they live for it. My sister is a runner; after a few days without running she literally gets "the shakes."
That is not me. I do not run because I love it...a lot of times I don't even particularly like it. As a matter of fact, I have to sort of "psyche" myself into it before I do it. So then, why do I run?
The Top 10 Reasons I Run
10. I like how I feel after I run.
9. It keeps my "bad" leg loose and flexible.
8. I know it's good for me.
7. I can eat more chocolate.
6. I have more energy when I run consistently.
5. I am setting a good example for my children.
4. I tend to eat healthier when I run routinely (with the exception of #7).
3. I can burn the most calories/get the best cardio for the least amount of time invested.
2. My clothes fit better (probably something to do with #4 and #3 together!)
And the #1 reason I run is...
As I come upon my 4th decade of life (next month...YIKES!), I WILL NOT GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT!!!
And so....I RUN. :)
What good-for-you habit are you working to cultivate? Leave me a comment and let me know. I'd love to cheer you on!
No comments:
Post a Comment