Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hydrops?

Baby Zoe looking around for a few seconds!

Baby Zoe continues to make some minor improvements, but there are many questions still to be answered. The doctors have determined that Zoe suffers from Hydrops (the non-immune cause). There are many causes for the condition, and that is where they are having some difficulty. The very-cabable doctors have run several tests, and fortunately they have all come back negative. So, the good news is, they are ruling out several causes for the Hydrops, but they have yet to narrow in on THE cause for Zoe's case.

Jim and Carmen are meeting with the doctors on Monday to go over some more test results. They will have to ask some very difficult questions, and quite possibly make some very difficult decisions. They are asking that anyone who has ANY information concerning this condition, its causes, or treatments, please forward any information or research to them so they can be prepared.

You can find the latest of Zoe's updates, and leave comments for Jim and Carmen at Zoe's web site (click here), or encourage other's to visit it at http://www.prayforzoe.com/.

1 comment:

Lora @ my blessed life said...

I googled this the other day when Jim posted about it, but it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Am I understanding correctly that the non-immune type doesn't have anything to do with the Rh factor in the mother? I have a negative blood type and had to have those shots in my pregnancies, but I didn't really understand what could've happened if I hadn't had them. But I think that's the other kind of hydrops, right? I hope that Carmen and Jim get some answers today--and some GOOD ones! They are constantly in our prayers!