
We made it back from our marathon weekend in one piece...and had a wonderful time. As I mentioned before, we had a birthday party for our little 3-year-old at Grandma and Grandpa's. What I didn't mention is that we also had a surprise 40th anniversary celebration for my in-laws. (I didn't want to spoil the surprise in case they should check in here.) Both parties were a huge success!
The dalmatian birthday was a hit with the cousins, and here's a pic of our little Dalmatian. ("Penny" is not her real name...that was her dalmatian name.)
She also had her first "sleepover" with the cousins. Granted, Daddy & I were in the next room, but still...it was her first night with "the girls". She (and Mommy) handled it well. It's funny...I was so excited about not having to share the bed with my "full-contact" sleeper, but then when she wasn't there, I realizes I really missed her! (She usually sleeps with us at Grandma and Grandpa's). I guess this is the first in the "letting go" and I realized she's going to grow up, whether I'm ready for it or not (sometimes I am, most of the time, I'm not).
Another first...our little man got his first tooth! All of these milestones, coupled with hearing the memories of my in-laws courtship, marriage, and parenting days made me realize (once again) that it's so important to cherish each moment with our children, because it really does go so fast! I wish I could say I take time to do that every day. But I'd be less than honest if I didn't admit that most of the time I'm too caught up in finishing my "to do" list. I guess I need gentle prodding now and again to make myself stop and enjoy the precious days I have with my children while I have them.
Speaking of....there's a little 3-year-old asking to play with Mommy. I have to go...
2 comments:
Sounds like ya'll had a very fun weekend! Happy birthday to "Penny"!! It looks like she had a great day. She is so precious, I can't wait to see them BOTH in KC!!
Ah, so cute! My youngest is turning 3 in June is already gearing up for the big day! I love this age!
So glad you had a good weekend. Thanks for sharing.
Bless you,
Reese
Post a Comment