Friday, April 4, 2008

And The Winner Is...

I'm sure your spouse (if you have one) is a wonderful person; however, I must nominate my husband for Hubby of the Year (and thereby declare him the winner in my book!). And here's why...

Not only does my wonderful better-half work his little techie fingers to the bone all day fixing major network problems for a nationwide health care company, he comes home to do his fair share (sometimes more than his fair share) of helping out with the kids.

Take yesterday for example...his only "real" day off in probably 3 weeks (he's working weekends and overnights for 3 weekends in a row on "major network updates") and what does he do? He plays Mr. Mom the whole day so that yours truly can get some much-needed rest (see previous post if you missed my whining about me sleep-deprivation!). As it turns out, I wasn't just whining (OK, maybe I was, but for good reason). I am sick. It turns out my daughter and I have what my grandmother would dub, "The Crud"...sore throat, congestion, no appetite, overall achy feeling and general exhaustion (add to my daughter's an ear ache...YUCK!). So The Love of My Life sacrificed his one "free" day to nurse our first-born, care for our son, and let Mommy sleep for most of the day to kick this Crud. It helped...we're all feeling better today (well, maybe not Hubby). Still a little "cruddy," but MUCH better, thanks to Dear Ol' Dad!

And that's why I must hereby declare my husband "Husband of the Year." (Please give my condolences to your spouse....there's always next year.) And thanks, Baby...you're absolutely the best!

2 comments:

Heather and Reese said...

Oh, Nancy, I feel for you. I have the crud too, and it's been my daughter- bless her sweet heart- who has watched the little ones today so I could get some sleep. I'm cooking up plans of a great way to repay her when I'm finally back to being myself again.

Bless your husband!

Reese

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Hey, Nanc, I really hope you're feeling better. I know Vince could sympathize with Steve--a week of E & me having the flu was no picnic for him. He kept such a great attitude though, it was such a blessing! Our hubbys are just the BEST:)