Wednesday, January 11, 2012

40 B4 40

Happy 2012, everyone!

As you may have noticed, I took a small break through the New Year. I intentionally spent time enjoying family, having fun, and relishing every moment with my kids while they were out of school.

I also spent some time planning, dreaming, thinking, and praying about 2012...including my blog. More on that later. Let me just say you may see a few changes around here as I begin to experiment with some things (for example, the new look...what do you think?) It's not exactly there yet, but it's a step in the right direction.

As I gazed into 2012, I came to a stark realization: It is approximately 40 weeks until I reach a milestone birthday. (I will leave it to your keen deductive skills to infer what birthday that might be. Hint: read the title of this post carefully.) So, I've decided for the next 40 (or so) weeks, I will take a moment to share a specific lesson learned, challenge conquered, adventure taken, or anything else that might help me say, "Take that [insert next decade here]! I'm not going down without a fight!"

So stay tuned, dear friends. It's going to be a great year!

Do you have any big plans for 2012?

3 comments:

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Love your new look! Looking forward to these upcoming posts:)

Lindsay said...

Your blog looks very yummy! Excited to see what you have planned.

Angela said...

Sounds (and looks) good! I look forward to reading your 40 before 40. You can't be 40...then again, I can't be 34 this week, either. :)