Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Yummy Microwave Meatloaf

Several years ago, when I first moved into my own house, one of my best friends gave me a cook book of her favorite recipes. I use many of them, but one in particular has become a family favorite....Microwave Meatloaf. We LOVE meatloaf, but when I was working I rarely thought to make it in enough time to bake for 45 min to an hour! So, imagine my thrill when I discovered that I could make our fave dish in under 30 minutes! And on top of all that, it's really YUMMY, too! So I thought I'd share it with you all...


Microwave Meatloaf

Ingredients:
1.5 lb ground beef
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup chopped onion
1.5 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup your favorite BBQ sauce or ketchup


Combine first seven ingredients and mix well. Pack mixture
into a 2-quart microwavable dish. Microwave on high for
5 minutes then cover with BBQ sauce or ketchup. Cover and
cook another 15 minutes
or until done. Enjoy!

I know it's Tuesday, but just to prove that I really DID do a menu this week (and so Hubby knows what to expect this week), here's our menu for the upcoming week:



Monday--Microwave Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans
Tuesday--Some sort of takeout since we are having our furnace replaced and the water has been off all day!
Wednesday--Sloppy joes, sliced baked potatoes, salad
Thursday--Slow Cooker Turkey, sweet potatoes, rolls
Friday--FAMILY NIGHT OUT!!!
Saturday--Spinach Artichoke Pizza with salad
Sunday--Cook's Day Off


If you would like any of the other recipes, just let me know. I'd be happy to post them!



3 comments:

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Looks like a yummy week! That microwave meatloaf sounds good. I almost never actually cook in the microwave, just warm things up. I forget about that. It would probably be good for me to remember that:)

Kayren said...

I would have never thought to make meatloaf in the microwave. I actually don't cook anything in the microwave though and wouldn't dream of knowing how.

Good for you for posting your menu even if it was late. I've got to get back to menu planning and posting mine. I keep saying when I get in my house. I hope I can hold myself accountable to that.

Have a great week!

~ Kayren

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Hope you're having a good week!

I've tagged you for some blog fun over at my *place*.