0. If you want to, leave a comment for Heather to let her know how much you missed her last week and wish her well. Hey Heather! Hope you are hanging in there and doing well...I've been praying for you and your sisters' family.
1. Do you have fake plants in your house? Do you like them? No. I used to have real plants, but I killed them all. Then I had fake plants (3 ficuses....er, ficusi?...3 ficus plants), but I HATED dusting them, so we are currently a plant-free house. I figure I'm doing goo to remember to feed my kids and my dog...I don't need to remember to water (or dust) plants as well! (Did I mention I have a bit of a black thumb?)
2. What is the oldest piece of furniture you have that is not an antique? Describe it. Probably the oldest piece of furniture in our house is an old chair from Hubby's grandparents farmhouse. It is a red upholstered chair with beautiful wood etching on the armrests. It was left in the old farmhouse for decades after everyone moved out (the house was occasionally used for overnight hunting expeditions and shelter for bad-weather camping trips). I first spotted the old chair before Hubby and I were dating when a bunch of us when to his family's land for a camping trip. His family couldn't believe I loved it so much, since it had always been "that old red chair" to them. Hubby knew I had always loved it, so about two months before our wedding, he had it brought down and moved into "our" house (which at the time was my house) while I was out of town on a business trip. I still love it!

3. Do you have any antiques? We don't currently have any antiques, although we did when we first got married. We had a 100-year old piano that Hubby bought me when we were dating (our first Christmas together) and an antique dining room set that we bought when we were first married. But 2 children later (and in the same "quaint" house), we've had to sell those to make room for cribs, toyboxes, toys, balls, etc. I would love to get some more in our "next" (bigger) house.
My piano that is no longer mine...sniff, sniff
4. What type of dishes do you use? China, stoneware, Corelle, Tupperware, paper plates?
We use red Fiestaware dishes for everyday. Well, the kids have plastic Dora, Sesame Street, etc. dishes. I do have a set of China that I absolutely love. We got it for our wedding. I think we've used it once. It's currently packed away waiting for the impending move "some day." My china that WILL get used some day!
5. What is your favorite thing in your house? Probably our leather couches and chair. It's the first furniture Hubby and I picked out together when we were married. And it's the most "lived in" and therefore the most comfortable furniture we have. I love to cuddle up and watch TV, surf the Internet, or blog from our cozy, comfy couch...although the leather gets cold, so we always have blankets close by!
6. Do you like to use lamps or overhead lighting? I definitely prefer lamps. I like the cozy ambiance they create.7. Are you a pristine white wall person or do you love color? I like color...but I like muted colors on walls. When I first bought my house (which is now our house), the walls were all a light tan color. It was nice, because it was neutral. However, I did have to paint the kitchen a deep red after a few years, because all the tan finally got to me! It works because we have a brick floor in our kitchen...as a matter of fact, that's what sold me on the house!
Be sure to pop over to Kickin' It In Crazyville to see what Heather & Reese have been up to as well!
Happy Friday to all!
3 comments:
I love your *old red chair*! That was how I felt about the chair and table from my grandma's (that I talked about in my post). I couldn't believe that no one really wanted them.
That's so sad you had to sell your antiques--wish I could've bought your dining set:)
Ummm...fici?
I love your piano that isn't yours anymore. It's beautiful. And red fiestaware would be awesome. My aunt has fiestaware, but she has like 12 different colors, so when we go there for holidays we all have different colored plates. It is so very cool.
Someday I want a red walls in a room...when I get really brave.
Your china is very pretty!!
Post a Comment