Friday, August 22, 2008

Know and Tell Friday


It's Friday!!! I'm excited for two reasons....1. Hubby is on vacation all next week, and 2. That means it's time for Know and Tell Friday!!!


1. Are you right- or left-handed? I'm right-handed, but have a lot of "southpaw" relatives and friends.

2. Any nicknames they have (or have had) and the story behind them? Most commonly, just "Nance," my grandma used to call me "Nanny" (but she's the only one), and in college it was "Grace" because I was a bit of a klutz...not sure why specifically college, I guess those were my "awkward" years.

3. Do you need to do laundry right now? Nope... hallelujah!

4. What CD is in your CD player/music on your iPod right now? The new Hillsong worship CD (thanks to Hubby!)...not sure the name of it, but it's awesome! It's actually in BOTH my CD-player and on my MP3 player.

5. How/when did you learn to ride a bicycle? First grade, my dad taught me...the ol' "I'll hold on to you then let go without you knowing it" trick. It worked...I loved to ride bikes. Still do, but don't currently have one.

6. What is your favorite weird food combination? I don't think I have any weird food combinations, although Hubby would say it's my popcorn/M&M (or chocolate chips if we don't have M&Ms) combination. (He doesn't really get the whole salty & sweet appeal.)

7. What is something you have that is of sentimental value? The flag that was draped on my grandpa's casket (He served in the army and the navy when he was younger) and my grandmother's wedding ring.


For more Know and Tell Friday fun, check out Kickin' It In Crazyville.

2 comments:

Heather and Reese said...

That's how my dad taught me too! And it worked. It's so funny because when it was time to teach my kids, I couldn't do it that way, I felt guilty. They pretty much figured it out on their own.

I have to admit that I have a hard time going to Zoe's site, but I am thinking of, and praying for, your family. Right now it feels like it hits clost to home.

I hope you have a wonderful week with hubby home.

Heather

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Yeah, that double name thing is prominent here in the South (you should hear the names these Alabamians have:)
And I LOVE the sweet/salty combo, too!