Friday, February 26, 2010

The Potty Train (a book review)


While we're on the subject of books (see my last post)...I wanted to mention a GREAT kid's book. We are currently potty training the Little Man, so when I stumbled upon The Potty Train by David Hochman and Ruth Kennison at the library, I knew we had to get it.Little Man is an avid train aficionado, and I thought this might be a helpful resource. Boy, was I right! We read it every day and every night for the three weeks we had it. When we weren't reading it, you could find him sitting in his room, flipping through the pages, chanting, "chugga chugga poo poo!"

If you know of a little boy who is potty training, this is the book for him! Hochman and Kennison do a fabulous job of relating the whole potty "training" event to an actual train adventure...every boy's dream come true! Couple that with gorgeous illustrations by Dereck Anderson, and it's a definite hit for any pottier-in-training. It was such a hit at our house Little Man kept wanting to go outside and ride an actual potty train. (Maybe not such a big deal except we had 8 inches of snow on the ground!) It took some real convincing, but I think he's finally understanding that there is no REAL potty train. But if there were....we'd be first in line!

2 comments:

Daremo said...

I've read this! It is really good!

Nancy said...

Yes, I forgot to mention it's a hit with uncles as well!