The other night Hubby and Little Miss were coming home from a quick run to the store. Little Miss was entertaining herself in the backseat, sweetly singing, "God, we worship you...You are the one who loves me...You are the one who shows me how to love me..." She suddenly stopped and said to Hubby matter-of-factly, "I think that's from Barbie."
*************************
I had Christmas music playing one night this week as I was making dinner. Little Man was dancing vigorously in the living room, then suddenly appeared in the door of the kitchen, out of breath, and reported, "Mine yike dat song."
"You like that song?" I asked, making sure I understood his toddlerese.
"Yup" he stated, then abruptly turned and ran back to the living room to continue dancing.
********************
This morning Little Miss and Little Man were finishing up lunch when I overheard the following, which was obviously the end of a very deep discussion:
Little Miss: "...that's when I was 2 and you weren't born yet. You were still in heaven and God was making you. Do you remember that?"
Little Man: "Yup"
Little Miss: "And then I came and got you and God sent you to Mommy and Daddy and me. And you brought me my Elmo backpack*. Do you remember that?"
Little Man: "Yup"
Little Miss: "That was fun."
Little Man: "Yup"
*(The Elmo backpack was a gift we gave Little Miss when Little Man was born...we told her it was from her new baby brother.)
1 comment:
Those are great stories, Nanc! Kids say the greatest stuff, don't they?
Post a Comment