Friday, October 5, 2012

A New Adventure (or Two)

While it seems there's never a dull moment around here, things are particularly chaotic lately. Here are just a couple of the reasons...

An Exciting Endeavor
I've been thinking and praying a lot lately (OK, a few months now) about pursuing new writing opportunities. I love blogging, but I've felt for some time that this blog has become rather "random." Originally, it started it as a place for creative exercises for myself and to keep up with far-away family and friends. I've gone through phases of posting mostly pics of the kids for our family and phases of posting some of the tougher spiritual struggles in our journey.

I knew that if I wanted to get "serious" about blogging, I needed a purpose. There's been no real purpose in this blog except whatever popped into my head on any given day. That would have to change. I thought and thought, brainstormed, and prayed and prayed, and I've decided to start a NEW blog!

I'll keep both for awhile, but this one will probably become more posts about our kids and things that only family and close friends would really care about (birthday parties, field trips, playdates, etc.). The new blog will be where I post my more in-depth writing: things about my faith, resources I've discovered, lessons I'm learning, random gripes and rumblings, etc. (along with the occasional recipe and craft idea I find along the way!)

A Challenging Detour
I was all set to pour my time and energy into my new writing "baby" when we had some unexpected news. In the two years since a 6-inch tumor was removed from my thigh, I've had regular check-ups and scans. All have come back clear...until a couple of months ago.

A small "suspicious" mass was noticed in the muscle of the same leg from which the original tumor was removed. Many more scans and multiple doctor visits later, and we still don't know much. We know it's a very small mass, so small in fact, that they can't get to it for a biopsy.

So, next Tuesday I will have another surgery to remove this mass for biopsy....major DETOUR. Or so I thought.

Then I realized this might be the perfect time to launch my new blog...a place where people can follow me on this new journey and hopefully stick with me once this little detour is finished.

So, if you've liked what you've read here on Chocolate Ink, I invite you to join me at
There Is Grace as I blog about my faith, family, and finding grace amidst it all.

Come on over...I'd love to have you!

No comments: