Last week, a friend of mine brought me some pumpkin cookies. Little did she know that I am a lover of all things pumpkin...pie, bread, muffins, cheesecake, lattes, brownies, etc. (it's almost like chocolate for me...almost.) Well, the cookies were delicious, but only lasted long enough to make me want some more! So this weekend I dug out a recipe I've made only once. They were a hit at the time, and I've beeen looking for a reason to make them again. So to celebrate the end of Daylight Saving Time this weekend, I whipped up some of these:
Iced Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon babking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 cup sugar
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet morsels
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Vanilla glaze (see below)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, bbaking
powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a large
mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla. Gradually stir in
flour mixture, semi-sweet morsels, and nuts. Drop by spoonful onto a prepared
baking sheetBake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are
lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for 2 minutes then remove to a wire
rack. Allow to cool completely. Drizzle or spread with vanilla glaze.Vanilla Glaze
Combing 1 cup powdered sugar, 1-1 1/2
tablespoons milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in a small bowl; mix well.
1 comment:
Yum-O!! I've been on a huge pumpkin kick lately myself and chocolate only makes it better, right?! :) Thanks!
Post a Comment