Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby Zoe!

It's hard to believe that it was only a year ago that my sister delivered her son 8 weeks early, he experienced severe complications and suffered from a rare genetic disorder, and I requested prayer from any and all who were willing to lift this precious boy up to our Lord for healing. Those first few days, weeks, and months were long and trying to say the least. (For the whole story, visit Zoe's web site.) But my sister and brother-in-law were strong--even inspirational--in their faith, and God proved faithful as He always does.

That's why today we have so much to celebrate as we wish Baby Zoe (or "ZoBug" as he's come to be known in our family) a very Happy 1st Birthday!

Just a quick update: I spoke with my sister last week and they had just visited Zoe's neurologist for a check-up. The doctor--who originally diagnosed Zoe as brain-dead a year ago and said he would be a "human vegetable" IF he could survive without life support--reported that there is now only MINOR damage to the cerebellum as well as the occipital lobe. That simply means that Zoe MAY have trouble with balance and coordination and could possibly experience MINOR vision problems (blind spots, peripheral issues, etc.). There is NO major damage to the brain and no reason he won't have a long and happy life. Zoe continues to be a living miracle and amaze his doctors! Praise God!

I wish I had pictures to share, but as they live more than 10 hrs from us (and my sister is slightly technically-challenged), I have no recent pics. I have a feeling my bro-in-law will post some to their web site soon, so be sure to check. We will be seeing them next month, so I'll definitely have pics to share then.

Happy Birthday, ZoBug....we love you!!!

2 comments:

Lora @ my blessed life said...

What a wonderful day! What a long way Zoe has come from the day of his birth. We are so happy that he is celebrating his 1st birthday!!

Heather and Reese said...

How amazing and awesome and encouraging to hear. Happy, happy birthday to ZoBug! May the Lord continue to bless and heal you, that you may pass on the blessings to others.

~Reese