I have killed every houseplant I have owned (all of which were given to me as I know better than to spend my own money on something that will inevitably meet its demise). Once I was given a cactus, and the giver even said, "it's so easy...you won't be able to kill it." They underestimated me.
But I figure now that I've managed to keep a dog alive for eight years, a daughter for four, and a son for almost two, maybe it's time to give plants another shot. Since we will hopefully be relocating in the next few months, I opted to try just a couple different plants in pots. I also purchased some flowering plants to spruce up our deck and front porch.
It's been almost two months and I'm happy to say, they are doing well. I was so excited, I had to share some pictures...
And the best part...my first homegrown tomato!I can't wait to taste that first tomato. That is, if I can keep Little Man from picking it before then...he's so anxious to pull one off the vine.
You'll notice I didn't post any pics of my pepper plant. I'm afraid the bugs have made a buffet of the leaves and while the plant itself seems to be doing OK, there are no peppers showing up yet. I need to do some research and help my poor little pepper plants. If any of you gardeners have any tips or hints on getting rid of leaf-eating bugs (or anything else that might be the cause) I'd appreciate it.
I will keep you posted, and I'm sure I'll be posting what becomes of that first tomato...stay tuned!
You'll notice I didn't post any pics of my pepper plant. I'm afraid the bugs have made a buffet of the leaves and while the plant itself seems to be doing OK, there are no peppers showing up yet. I need to do some research and help my poor little pepper plants. If any of you gardeners have any tips or hints on getting rid of leaf-eating bugs (or anything else that might be the cause) I'd appreciate it.
I will keep you posted, and I'm sure I'll be posting what becomes of that first tomato...stay tuned!


3 comments:
Nancy's back! Yippee!
I too planted some various plants in my backyard: in tubs!!! I have many tomato plants (2 I bought and a whole tub of some that I planted from seeds), a pepper plant, 3 strawberry plants, a tub of various lettuce plants (from seeds), some rosemary and some garlic. It's not my thing either, but so far so good. The strawberries are ripening very slowly and there are 3 teeny, tiny tomatoes! I sure hope they make it cuz I'm already cravin' 'em!!
~Reese
Yea! Your tomatoes look great! We are enjoying ours, too. The kiddos love checking on the garden:)
That's so awesome! This must be the year for us newbies to give gardening a shot. I did it too this year. Right now I have four cucumber plants, 2 pea plants, 3 watermelon, 3 cantelope, 1 pepper and 12 corn. So far the peas and cucumbers are doing well. There are no buds on anything else :( It's so much fun though isn't it. I love going out and picking the peas for an evening snack :)
I'm glad you're back!!
Heather
Post a Comment